In the Gospel of John, Jesus uses the phrase “I Am” multiple times. Some examples include: “I Am the Light of the World,” “I Am the True Vine,” and “I Am the Bread of Life.” In the book The God We Can Know: Exploring the “I Am” sayings of Jesus, Rob Fuquay explores what Jesus means in these sayings. Rob contends they not only help us learn about who Jesus is, but they also help us learn who we are called to be in Jesus. Each saying helps us understand our identity in Christ. The class is being offered in our Zoom room or on Zoom. Contact us for the Zoom link.
Participants should pick up a copy of Rob Fuquay’s The God We Can Know. If you would like the church to order a copy of the book for you, please contact the church office. The cost of the book is 9.80. If the cost of the book will be a problem, please talk to Pastor Andrew. If you would like to order through the church, please let us know by Sunday, February 12.
- February 26-Introduction and Chapter One (Knowing the Great “I Am”)
- March 5-Chapter Two (“I Am the Bread of Life:” Knowing God’s Satisfaction)
- March 12-Chapter Three (“I Am the Light of the World:” Knowing God’s Guidance)
- March 19-Chapter Four (“I Am the Good Shepherd:” Knowing God’s care)
- March 26-Chapter Five (“I Am the True Vine:” Knowing God’s Power)
- April 2-Chapter Six (“I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life:” Knowing God’s way)
- April 9-Chapter Seven (“I Am the Resurrection and the Life:” Knowing God’s Possibilities)