Our December Newsletter is out. Click here to read it.
Our Reopening Taskforce met on November 16. We adjusted some of our guidelines in regards to our current policies related to COVID-19. We decided to remove the tape on the pews. Everyone entering the sanctuary is encouraged to continue to social distance. We have placed signs leading into the sanctuary. The Taskforce is encouraging everyone to wear masks. Our signs now read masks are requested. Use of the social hall and kitchen is only for small parties as long as they follow church policy.
Our sermon series and Bible Study for the season of Advent is entitled “Shake It Up.” We are looking at how Jesus came to shake things up and how the world needs shaking up. Our Sunday worship services are at 10:15 AM in the sanctuary, on our website, and also on Facebook. The service is also broadcast on WMSS at 2 PM as well.
Our Bible Study focuses each week on a scripture lesson from the Old Testament and the Gospel of Luke. The studies are on Zoom at 7 PM on Monday nights in Advent. Please contact the office if you would like a link. See the schedule below:
- November 29-Jeremiah 33:14-16/Luke 21:25-36
- December 6-Malachi 3:1-4/Luke 3:1-6
- December 13-Zephaniah 3:14-20/Luke 3:-19
- December 20-Micah 5: 2-5a/Luke 1:39-55
- November 28-First Sunday of Advent (10:15 AM)
- December 5-Second Sunday of Advent (10:15 AM)
- December 12-Third Sunday of Advent (10:15 AM)
- December 19-Fourth Sunday of Advent (10:15 AM)
- December 21-Blue Christmas Service (7 PM)
- December 24-Christmas Eve Service (7 PM)
- December 26-First Sunday After Christmas (10:15 AM)
- January 2-Epiphany Sunday (10:15 AM)
Daylight Saving Time ends early on Sunday morning, November 7. Please set your clocks back one hour before going to bed on Saturday, November 6.