Starting Sunday, July 4, Pastor Andrew will begin a sermon series focused on the prophet Amos. When Pastor Andrew requested ideas for sermons last year, a person suggested sermons on the minor prophets. For the month of July, Pastor Andrew will focus on the prophet Amos and his call for justice and righteousness. Join us on Sundays at 10:15 AM in our sanctuary, or on the live section of our website, or at 2 PM on WMSS 91.1 FM.
Archives for 2021
On June 6, 2021, at our 10:15 AM worship service, Evangelical UMC will celebrate Holy Communion. This will be the first time for in-person worship in over a year. We will have individually packaged communion elements. Worshippers will stay seated in their seats. Each person will receive a individually wrapped wafer (gluten free available) and sealed grape juice cup from Pastor Andrew , Deacon Megan, or an usher. After everyone receives the elements, Pastor Andrew will invite everyone to partake at once. All who seek to grow in their relationship with Jesus are welcome to participate.
The Presbyterian Congregation of Middletown and Evangelical UMC are hosting a joint family Bible Study entitled “Creation.” The study will start June 13 and go through June 16. It will start at 6 PM and go through 7 PM. Please visit our VBS page to learn more or register to attend. People of all ages are welcome.
Our reopening taskforce met last night. We have made several major changes to our Coronavirus Guidelines. Please see the highlights below.
- We are ending our 9 AM worship service. The last service 9 AM service will be May 23.
- We are still encouraging everyone who enters the building to wear a mask,* while they are in the building. The preacher and the song leaders may remove their mask while preaching or singing.
- Holy Communion will resume in the near future. Please be on the look out for an announcement and details.
- Junior Church will restart on Sunday, May 30.
- Adult Sunday School will restart on Sunday, June 6 at 9 AM in the educational wing.
- Persons in the pew may sing softly while wearing their masks.
- Memorial Services/Funerals will follow our current worship guidelines.
Please check out our full COVID guidelines by clicking here.
*Persons with ongoing respiratory problems and children under the age two may choose not to wear mask
“Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.” ©2020 Copyright Felipe Esquivel Reed. Licensed Under Creative Commons.
Starting Sunday, April 18, Pastor Andrew will start a sermon series focused on the question-why Jesus? We will be looking different ways we as Christians might answer the question-why Jesus? The sermon series is inspired by the Reverend Adam Hamilton’s three questions: why Jesus? why the church? and why your church? Join us on us at one of our worship opportunities.